Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Review: Shade’s Fall


Shade’s Fall
Shade’s Fall by Jamie Begley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I received an advanced copy for an honest review

Oh my goodness... Shade is lush! Tattooed, motorcycle riding, bad boy with the patience of a saint and a taste for bondage and discipline in the bedroom???? Yes please!!!

Now, I must admit, I have not read the 1st 3 books in this series, and I probably would of understood some things better if I had read them. But, I was able to keep up and did not feel so lost as to not be able to understand what was going on.

Shades Fall opens with Lily in the hospital and Shade keeping bedside vigil. Iam going to assume that this picks up where the last book ends. Lily's life is in danger. And Shade will do anything to keep her safe. Shade wants to claim Lily as his own, the problem is that Lily is afraid of her own shadow, with preconceived ideas.

Shades Fall takes you through the up's and down's of Lily trying to move past the demons that fill her head. She was a weak leading lady. And I was thinking I was going to hate her, and actually wondered why in the world Shade would want her. But as the story progressed, Shade helped to bring out the strong independent woman he saw deep inside her all along. And by the end of the book, I ended up liking her.

There is so many curve balls in Shade's Fall that I was trying to figure out what was going on right up to the end. Some of it I had pieced together and some of it came right out of left field. I love when stuff comes out of left field.

I loved this. And now Iam tasking myself with reading the 1st 3. The Last Riders men were all alpha bad ass goodness, and the women were sassy and strong. And I loved the interaction between them all. And this MC is not your typical MC. What goes on behind closed doors, is not what you expect. Nice twist on an MC story.



View all my reviews