Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Monday, May 19, 2014

Review: Drifting into Darkness


Drifting into Darkness
Drifting into Darkness by J.M. LaRocca

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was the 1st JM LaRocca book I had read, and Iam glad I took the chance and read it!!

Sadie was my kind of girl. No holds barred, just do it kind of girl. She tried not to live in the past and I loved that she didnt try to come up with excuses and reasons for the way things happened. Much like me, she lived her life like everything that happens, happens for a reason. That when one door closes another one opens. I loved her attitude.

Although I felt like the book started kind of slow, once it got going it was hard to put down. It was one of those books that you said "just one more chapter" and before you knew it, it was 2am.

And Landon??? Landon was total bad boy goodness!!! He was so guarded and yet once he began to relax and trust Sadie, she got a side of him that no one else knew. Which just makes the bond between them even greater.

Drifting is a story of life, living it for all it's worth. Taking the most out of it and not allowing your past to dictate your future. Rising above the challenges and taking the bull by the horns. And both Sadie and Landon are relateable characters. I love when you can actually picture yourself in a book. And the story feels so real that you can really become part of it in your mind. And that is what JM LaRocca has delivered-- relateable and real, with characters that could be your friend or your lover.

Now, I must warn you...make sure you have some tissues. Because there are parts that the tears will be rolling. But those tears are worth it. Drifting Into Darkness is a sweet love story. I loved that there was a build up of their relationship, as opposed to the instant love that has become so popular in novels lately. And because of the slow burn, it makes the story that much more real. And to see the end result of Sadie and Landon's roller coaster ride they call life, makes it all the more sweeter.

I loved this one. I will defiantly be keeping my eye out for new releases from this author.



View all my reviews