Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Review: Flame


Flame
Flame by Clarissa Wild

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I have to admit I was a little skeptical going into this one. I had read the 1st one and was on the fence about it. But, Iam so glad I decided to have a go with Flame because I adored it! I must now back track and read Fury! I say that, but, even though I did not read Fury, I was able to keep up and I did not feel like I was missing anything. I do believe that had I read it, some parts would be a bit more clear, but I think that I still got the experience the author wanted me to get.

Hunter has worked his way into my list of favorite men. I absolutely adored him. He was all male, totally alpha and had a luscious dirty mouth. And I think what I liked the best was that he was real. He had real issues, with real hangups and I loved that he was not portrayed as the perfect specimen of a man. He was not good with relationships and he stumbled through, but he was quick to forgive and quick to admit fault and I loved that about him. He was honestly one of the most real male characters that I have come across in a good long while. I know that our books are our fantasy world, but it is nice to come across a guy that you can actually picture yourself obtaining!!!

Autumn is a bit wishy washy. Your typical book nerd, good girl. But again, I could imagine her as if she were my real friend. She comes across as the compassionate girl that doesnt want to hurt anyones feelings, and stretches herself to thin because she is trying to do everything for everybody. But, what I loved the most about her was the way she loved and accepted Hunter. You dont come across to many females that are not constantly trying to change their men. And although she did not always agree with his choices, she would still stand by her man. I think that in todays society, we dont have enough of that. As a whole everyone expects people to change. And the fact that Autumn accepted Hunter for the good and the bad warmed my heart.

Flame had enough drama to keep you going, but it wasnt over the top. And there were a couple little bends along the way that I didnt expect. Which always makes me happy. And although Flame was wrapped up nicely, can I just hint that there is a couple branches that could make another book??? The only thing I can really "complain" about, is that I feel like just as Hunter and Autumn get it together the story ends. And I really want to know where the choices the Hunter made lead him. Seriously, there could be a whole spin off series!!! *Hint Hint* But, either way, Flame was well worth the read!!!



View all my reviews