Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Review: Edge of the Enforcer by Cherise Sinclair


Edge of the Enforcer
Edge of the Enforcer by Cherise Sinclair

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Cherise Sinclair is one of my auto buy, dont even read the synopsis, because you know you will love it one click authors. I figure one day I may be disappointing, but Edge of the Enforcer was not the book that broke her winning streak with me. I am in love with Zander deVires... In. Love.... *sigh*


Zander deVires is now at the top of my book boyfriend list. A hard core sadist with a hidden soft spot, this man can met out pain and have you convinced you like it, even if you are not a masochist. His ability to get into your head, figure you out, and play your body like a musical instrument he has played since birth had me squirming in my seat as I read more than once. He had this uncanny ability to know when to push, and when he needed to pull back because his submissive was taking more than she should have and used her yellow code...But when I say hard core sadist, I mean HARD core sadist-- most masochist woman could not take his brand of play... so how would he ever find a submissive that could fill his needs and not have to give up who he was???? Just wait until you see how that issue was resolved... Im getting a little worked up just thinking about some of THOSE scenes.... *fans self while going to stick head in freezer*
He could deliver punishment that had me wanting to apologize on my hands and knees, and I wasnt the one in trouble--- but oh my google, his bare handed spankings!!! And creative?? I wondered a couple of times how he came up with his play scenes. Then I wondered if I would of been able to HANDLE his play scenes. Then I decided I would absolutely give it a go just to make him happy.

Lindsey was a fabulous leading lady. She had bigger balls than most men I know. Willing to sacrifice herself in order to take care of others. Not a whiny, poor me kinda a girl, but a deal with it as it comes and find the strength to go on kinda girl. She was smart and snarky, and she would throw out some one liners that had me cracking up. She was not easily bossed around, and she was not about to be anyone but who she was no matter what. She was loyal, and giving. She was always aware of what her actions would do to other people. Her choices were constantly being made with the people she cared about in mind, even at the expense of her own self. And in the end, it cost her dearly.

Lindsey is running from a mess. A mess she doesnt want anyone to know about. She travels from place to place, never putting down roots, never creating strong bonds and friendships, and never getting her heart involved. Club Dark Haven changes everything.

I really really really wanted to give this book 5 stars... the entire time I reading it I just knew it was going to be a 5 star read. It was going to be one of my top 2014 favorites. Then the end happened. And I wanted to cry. No, there is NOT a cliffhanger. It ends with everything tied up in a cute little bow. So what was the problem??? It just kinda ended. I was reading along and then -- it was done. And I felt like it needed something. Although it was finished, with no cliffhanger, it didnt feel finished. I hope that makes sense. Because I was just kind of looking at my kindle thinking "Really??" In my opinion it needs an epilogue, or another chapter. Something that wraps the story up a little better than how it ended. (This will make more sense after you have read the book) I felt kind of cheated because the book felt a bit unfinished. And that is the ONLY reason I feel I am unable to give this one a 5 star rating.

Never the less, The Edge of the Enforcer is well worth the read. Just make sure you have a good supply of batteries in the nightstand drawer.

Im now ready for the next Dark Haven Couple.... my request??? Miss. Sinclair, I would love to read Dixon's story!!! He needs his HEA!!!!






View all my reviews