Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Review: Kalon by TL Smith


Kalon
Kalon by T.L. Smith

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



And it just keeps getting better----

Kalon is part 2 in the Take Over Series. And as much as I enjoyed Krinos, Kalon was even better. I found myself wanting to cry when I finished the last page because I really need to know what happens next.

Krinos is back with a vengeance. She is kicking butt and taking names, all while wearing her favorite stilettos. She is rapidly becoming one of my favorite heroines, and I find myself wanting to be her when I grow up.

Krinos is taking over her fathers Drug Empire, and as she is trying to make her way in a male dominated Mafia, she somehow manages to maintain her femininity. I LOVE this about her. She isn't afraid she will break a nail, and jumps in with both feet. Don't want to listen to what she says? No problem, hope you didn't value your life. Want to question the choices that she is making? Again, no problem, you just got demoted, to 6 feet under.

Stephanos-- mmmmm....he is just lush!!!! But, in the 1st installment I found myself really wishing he would "man up" a little more. I needed him to be a bit more alpha and not take so much crap from Krinos. In this installment he came charging through. And I LOVED it! By the end of the book, I was panting after him wishing he would show up with guns blazing, to my front door and take charge. He has found his voice with Krinos and is finally taking over and doing what any good alpha male should do---which is what ever he damn well pleases.

The only down side to this, is that right as everything gets going, you're left hanging until the next installment.... I really really need to know what happens... and Im really hoping Krinos makes the right decision. No, Im not going to tell you what she is trying to decide... but, I will tell you I was surprised with the curves in the road that author took us through...

Bring on the next installment please!!!!



View all my reviews