Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Review: Mr. X by Clarissa Wild


Mr. X
Mr. X by Clarissa Wild

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I was super excited to see that Clarissa was coming out with a dark erotic romance - my favorite genre - that I was really looking forward to this one.

Mr. X -- I loved his pure Alpha male tendencies. And he had a dirty mouth that will rival any you have read. *fans self* And even though he was callus and remorseless, there was a softness under all of it that made it worth breaking down his walls.

Jay -- I understand indecision in a character, but she just wasnt "real" to me. She is a junkie. Ok, Im ok with that. But, the things that were being described were so not real. As a recovered addict (14 years) I kept thinking "this is ridiculous". Now I admit, that for someone that does not have any real knowledge of drug addiction, this would probably not be an issue. But for me, the realism just wasnt there, and I find that extremely important in a book. I realize that this is fantasy worlds, but for me, I still need there to be a sense of realness. That being said, she was strong, and I love a strong character. She had a will to survive and was willing to do what she needed to do in order to see tomorrow.

The sex scenes.... Holy Hawtness....These were just fantastic. The erotic elements had me on edge. These two are explosive together.

I have to admit, part of me is on the fence with this one. And that is why I rated it the way I did. There were parts of it that I felt were wordy and could of just been left out. And at times I felt like it was repeating itself. It flashes back and forth between past and present, and at times I felt a little lost. But over all, it was a good read.
Let finish by saying, I did not hate this. I don't feel like it would of been a waste of money. I will read the next book the author puts out. But, what I will say, is that as a huge dark reads lover, go into this one knowing that it can defiantly be considered a dark read, but it kind of skates on the border...I hope that makes sense.



View all my reviews