Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Friday, July 18, 2014

Review: Unchain My Heart by Jani Kay



Unchain My Heart
Unchain My Heart by Jani Kay

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



3.5 stars rounded up to 4

I was really looking forward to this one. I loved the 1st one and the prequel. But I have to admit Iam really torn on how I feel about this one....

There was so much going on it sometimes made my head spin. It is written from 4 different POVs and this is where is lost me. The book is written around Ryder and Jade, a continuance from book 1 and Harrison and Eva. Harrison is Jade's cop brother, and Eva is Ryder's 1/2 sister, and as Harrison has been fighting to keep his sister and Ryder apart, he falls for the enemies sister.

I feel like this should of been 2 separate books. Or that is should of been more focused on Harrison and Eva with a bit of the follow up of Ryder and Jade. But as it was written, it seemed to be kinda thrown together at times and I felt like places were missing stuff, like it had to be cut for editing so that the book didnt end up to long. And had there not been the skipping around between the 4 POVs I know this would of been more of a 4 - 4.5 star read for me.

Ok, on to the good stuff. I love Ryder. I loved him from the first meeting and I love him now. He is all tough on the outside, bit when it comes down to it, he is such a good guy. (Just don't tell the rest of his brothers-- wouldnt be good for them to know that) And I have to say, the man be ends up being in the end of this one, gives me hope for the idiot men in this world. I know, I know, books are only fantasy..... but a girl can dream....

Jade, although a bit prissy for me, is still a fantastic leading lady. Not one to lay down and take any crap from anyone, she has no problem standing up to her hot headed Alpha when she needs to. She has some sass to her, and she is not afraid to use it.

Harrison is something else.. he was lush. And I would gladly submit to him just to experience all that is Harrison.... he is a bitter man, with a black heart, holding on to the past and refusing to let go. The past is controlling him and prevents him from having any kind of decent life. He is prejudice against bikers, and has decided that Jade should not be with Ryder. So he does everything in his power to break them up.

Enter Eva. Eva is Ryder's 1/2 sister. Sophisticated and beautiful, she catches Harrison's attention while he is in a bar waiting on Jade, and as she sits waiting on Ryder. And the rest as they say is history. Harrison doesnt do relationships, and Eva doesnt do hook-ups. Harrison refuses to allow himself to like her, just because she is related to a biker. Even though she is an educated, confidant, woman. And she could give as good as she took. She was not going to lay down and take Harrison's crap without a fight.

Nothing happened like I thought it would. There were a few surprises along the way. And I will admit, at one point my heart broke for Jade. So, my emotions were all over the place.

Iam ready for the next installment. Im very curious to see where the author takes us-- I just hope its not got so many POVs next time.....



View all my reviews