Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Blog Tour -- Slayer by Elsa Day




Slayer
Slayer is the first installment of the Sons of Rebellion serial
Elsa Day

  

   
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22847098-slayer










Flames burn, no matter how they deny it.
Nadia wants to be a normal everyday girl. She wants to party, she wants to be free, and she wants to fall in love. But there's one thing standing in her way; her dad is the president of the Midnight Stalkers Motorcycle Club. Nadia's ruthless biker dad won't let anyone touch his daughter.

Hunter Flint is the rugged and rough sergeant at arms of a rival MC, the Sons of Rebellion. Hunter wears his battle scars on his skin, and he's closed himself off to love. He's come to Queenstown on a deadly mission, one that could tear the Midnight Stalkers apart.

When the two meet, it ignites passion between them.  Can these star-crossed lovers ever be together ... Or will their love story crash and burn?

Slayer is the first installment of the Sons of Rebellion serial, following the story of Nadia and Hunter. The series contains strong sexual themes, and is not intended for readers under the age of 18. 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22847098-slayer












http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
w/slayer-elsa-day/1120021460?ean=9781500680312








Excerpt 1
OF COURSE. OF COURSE this would happen. The Stalkers weren't even around and still a fight broke out. Lucky me.
As soon as Bradshaw let go of me, I ran. I wasn't stupid. That other guy wasn't messing around.
I should've gone home right then, but I couldn't help but linger. I watched Bradshaw get head-butted. When his nose broke, he screamed like a bitch.
It almost didn't feel like a fight. It felt like the new guy was playing with him. Enjoying himself. His muscles moved so fluidly that I could tell it wasn't his first time beating someone up.
But he wasn't a bully. He didn't call his friends who were laughing over at another table. He didn't rain down on Bradshaw like he should've. He was just doing what he needed to so that he'd shut the hell up.
Who was that guy?
A few more punches, and Bradshaw was out. He fell to the ground like a cartoon, his entire body going limp at once. When it happened, the entire bar erupted in applause.
And he saw me.
Our eyes met and electricity shot through my body. All of a sudden I could barely breathe and my heart started pounding. I took a step forward and then stopped. No. I didn't need this kind of trouble.
I grabbed the doorknob and ran out.


Excerpt 2
BEER SPILLED ON THE table as we clinked our bottles together. They were cheap, but they were frosty cold and that was all that mattered. I drank mine down in one long gulp, letting it slide down my throat before I picked up another.
"One hour and ten minutes!" Jase said.
"It would have been one hour if you weren't fucking around," I said.
"Come on man, you gotta have a little fun. What's a wheelie every now and again?"
"Anyway," Brent said, "we're here now in our beautiful new abode."
The hotel was the cheapest one we could find. The sad old wallpaper had yellowed and was falling down. There was a bed and two cots, one of which we had to finagle out of the check in desk. It was against the fire code, but who cared?
"Now all we gotta do is take those fucking Stalkers down!" Brent said.
He laughed and high-fived Jase.
"I can't wait," Jase said. He clamped his hand down on my shoulder, making me spill a bit more of my drink.
"This guy right here's going to show them hell. They don't know they have Sons of Rebellion's Slayer coming after them. We don't call you that for nothin', do we?" he said.
I forced a laugh. I guess I'd earned the name. How many times had my hands been covered in blood? I was so used to it now that it felt like water. Just needed a little more elbow grease to get off.
"Yep," I said, "Slayer, that's me."
Jase finished his beer and picked up another, opening the top on the side of the table. It scraped the wood, gouging it. Not that the table wasn't already pitted and covered in stale gum.
"I hear those Stalkers got some fine bitches though," Jase said.
"I could do with some fine ladies," Brent said. His eyes were already growing wide.
"Yeah," Jase said, "spoils of war!"
I finished my drink and banged it down on the table hard enough to rattle the wood.
"Nope. No girls. Not part of the job," I said.
"Aww, Slayer's just down because his last chick left him in the dust," Jase said. He threw his arm over my shoulder and I could smell the booze on his breath.
"Jase, you really do have a knack for making me want to punch you," I said.
"Hey, hey, guys!" Brent said. "Calm down! Fuck bitches! Who needs 'em?"
"Yeah, who needs 'em? Lets just go get drunk!" Jase yelled.
No, no, no. We couldn't do that. We had pictures to look at, addresses to find, people to identify. This wasn't a night to party. This was an assassination mission.
I stood up and folded my arms over my chest. "That's not part of the plan."
"Come on Slayer!" Brent said.
"Yeah, we'll do it tomorrow! We promise!"
The two of them were so drunk that they slurred each word. They weren't going to be able to get any work done anyway. Ah, what the hell.
"Fine," I said. "Just don't choose any place too shitty."
"I know just where to go. I saw it riding in, " Brent said. "The Horse & Crown."


Elsa Day loves writing stories about characters just beginning to discover adulthood. Her books have romance, angst, and just the right amount of spice!

When she's not writing, Elsa can probably be found chugging tea, listening to international music, and baking sweets. She enjoys sketching, painting, and photography, but writing will always be her first love.






Blog
http://elsaday.com/

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/elsa.day.98

Twitter
https://www.twitter.com/elsadayna

Email
elsa@elsaday.com