Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Release Blitz -- Blyss by J.C. Cliff (with 4 star Review and Giveaway)


-->
Title:  Blyss (The Blyss Trilogy Book #1)
Author:   J.C. Cliff
Genre:   Contemporary Romance
Release Day:  September 16, 2014






Everyone will have their own definition of "Dark" vs. "Contemporary", and perhaps there is a mixture of the two. I like to call this the “Grey” genre.
However, there is one thing for certain; you haven't ever read this type of story before. Blyss is an original, one of a kind storyline in theme, circumstance, and character action.
You will definitely need all three books in order to put together the pieces of this puzzle, but isn't that what makes reading fun? Book one sets the stage while you begin to embrace the thrill, the suspense, and the anticipation. There is a romance story amongst all the turmoil…you will just have to hang on for the ride.

*~*~*~*

CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE (with dark moments)


Blyss is something the world has been trying to create since the beginning of time, the ultimate aphrodisiac. A drug that's used against women with one single purpose in mind….
Julianna Oakley has just finished up her junior year at college and flies home to spend her last free summer with her father on their prestigious Georgia estate. Julianna isn't your typical spoiled, rich girl, prima donna. She's down to earth and has an independent streak a mile wide, insisting she make her own way in this world.

Nick has been setting the stage for a long time, and sparks fly when their separate worlds collide. She is Nicks' ultimate obsession, and he will stop at nothing to own her.
When Travis, Nick's right hand man, lays his eyes on the prize all hell is about to break loose.

Travis should know Nick is playing for keeps, and while Julianna is fighting for her freedom, a lifetime full of secrets and twisted perceptions slowly unravel as Julianna gets caught in the fray.


Warning:
** Mature Audiences Only** This book is intended for mature audiences only (18+) and contains sensitive subjects, explicit descriptions of sex, drugs, dirty talk, strong language, and violence.

Goodreads Link:    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22928107-blyss



    

She’s fucking mine, Travis,” I hear Nick growl. “You don’t fucking touch her!”
Then tell me why the hell I’m working with her again, if you can’t stand for anyone to touch her. What the hell was I supposed to do? You’ve never said anything about the way I trained these women before.”
Because you’ve never touched these girls the way you touched her, Travis. The way you kissed her, it all looked too real, something I’ve never seen you do before. Seeing the both of you together like that...” Nick pauses, “Just...damnit, Travis, you weren’t supposed to get that intimate with her!” He sounds out in a blind rage. An object crashes loudly against a wall, and I jerk back, startled by the loud impact. It shatters, sounding like broken glass, and I listen as it scatters over the floor. My heart rate begins picking up, then Nick bellows out, “I go out of town for two damn days, and when I come back, I get to review the video footage that shows your fucking dick in her mouth?” I can feel the tension in the room seep out from underneath the door. “Care to share about that one?” 





Blyss 4 star Review

**Bangs head on desk** Cliff-Hanger..... gah!!!

OK, so I was totally into this one. It was a page turner. Iam loving and hating what is going on and then BAM.... I left wondering. This could of totally been a 5 star read for me had there not been the stupid cliff hanger....

Julianna has been kidnapped and thrown into a world she couldnt of imagined. Trapped and scared, she is my favorite kind of leading lady, throwing sass and fighting hard at every turn. And just when I think she has finally given in, her strength comes out and she left me cheering "atta girl". I adored her. She was a fantastic lead. Head strong and willful, not willing to be broken. Refusing to give in and make it easy on her captors.

Travis is her "trainer". Can I find my own Travis?? Gah... he was luscious. And the sexual chemistry between these two will have you hot and bothered. But, Travis can't cross to many lines, because he is training her for another -- his boss, Nick.

Now, I usually despise a love triangle. And even though this is technically a love triangle, it doesn't read like one. What does that even mean KC??? I can't explain it. You have to experience it. This was so well written in this area, I was blown away. And I read this in one go. I started it last night, fell asleep reading it, and then finished this afternoon. I was so into, NEEDING to know what was going to happen. Just waiting for Travis to bust Julianna out so that they could have their HEA and I was then hit with the stupid cliff hanger--- for the love of Pete, I hope we do not have to wait long for the next book ..... *does the prayer dance* because I am seriously hoping Travis risks it all for the girl...

Nick is a few fries short of a happy meal. He has been stalking Julianna for years, waiting for the right time to strike. He is his own form of twisted, and I loved him too... the "bad guy" in the book, and I want so badly for the right woman to come along and knock him on his tail... will it happen??? *looks around for book 2* I dont know... where is book 2?? I may not survive this..... OMG




Teaser #1
 "It's my job to teach these women. I get them to live for the next euphoric, seismic release, the next big O, the next kinky adventure. Once they give in to their body's natural desires, I then train them to enjoy the individual proclivities of their future owner. By the time I'm done, these women are literally begging for whatever kink their new master likes.

Teaser #2

Since Travis claims he won’t hurt me, I ask, “Does Nick plan on hurting me?”A quick flash of remorse crosses his expression before he schools his features. He lets out a small sigh and softly replies, “Hurt is a relative term. To hurt you to cause you true bodily harm? No. But pain for pleasure and obtaining mutual satisfaction? Eventually—and only when I feel you’re ready for it—yes.”




J.C. Cliff is an independent author who strives to deliver a strong story line, keeping the reader captivated throughout. She loves the element of surprise, creating unique twists and turns while creating thrill and suspense. Oh yes, and lets not forget, making a little explicit romance happen in between.
She's a die hard 80's rock'n roll fan, loves the ocean and salt water fishing. What does she do when she's not raising kids, running a business, and doing all the tasks that come with being a wife and mother? You got it - writing. It's the ultimate escape from reality when the ocean isn't nearby.


Facebook: www.facebook.com/BLYSS.TRILOGY
Email: J.C.Cliff3@gmail.com   



 
What inspired you to write the Blyss trilogy?
I had read so many romance novels over the past three years, it was ridiculous. I must have become so consumed with reading that I actually started dreaming I was reading a book to myself in my dreams! And some of them were really good- like – HOT good. LOL... So I started writing down the scenes from my dreams, and then one thing led to another –and Blyss was created.



Top 5 things you didn’t know about becoming a published author:
-        It's actually harder to write and figure out all the verb tenses despite the fact I have read enough books to make a library.
-        I didn't realize writing words to create a sentence could be a true form of art. I always associated art with the physical creativity of things.
-        Writing is also a science. Good writers make it look like a piece of cake, when in fact so much thought has to go into each individual word, and finding the right word that packs the punch is key.
-        Writing takes a great deal of time, and expending such a vast amount of emotional and mental energy, pushing one to their limits. Much time with family and friends is truly sacrificed, and there is no getting away even if you wanted to, because you become consumed by your story until it gets written down.
-        It's easier to write than it is to market the book. LOL. Having to learn all the different avenues and technology required to execute the marketing plan is like juggling 5 bowling balls blindfolded.



5 Reasons to love my main characters:
-        Nick is an evil twisted charcter, will have you biting your nails one moment, and the next you almost want to like him. He's a contradiction, who can be charming one second and brutal the next. He adds a great element of suspense and fear.
-        You will love the heroine Julianne. She is a feisty, smart mouthed, spitfire that is bad ass! Her determination to survive and her tenacity to gain her freedom will keep you rooting for her at every turn of the page.
-        Oooooh Travis... Travis is intense!! He is one HOT, tortured, bad ass with a dirty mouth that will set YOUR heart racing with excitement. Alpha male at its best! I guess that is why he has the job he has... as a submissive trainer.....

5 facts about the Blyss trilogy:
-        All of the aphrodisiac drugs mentioned in the book, truly exist – I searched them out and mixed them together to make the ultimate drug.
-        One of my BFF's wouldn't read the book if the storyline turned too dark, so I had to challenge myself to perhaps sway the reader to love and hate Nick at the same time, especially in book two.
-        All of the technology, except Blyss of course, is factual. From the microchips to the intelligent potties.
-        The 1st and 2nd book will leave you with so many questions, and the biggest thrill for me is hearing from the reader as they send me messages of OMG moments as it all unfolds before them In book 3.
-        It's a fact I love Nick, just sayin'



How to make your characters believable
I had to research personality types and constantly keep their traits in mind. I also had to research how certain personality types mesh with others, and what typical reactions would be.


Authors you admire:
Before my smut book days or after my smut book days? LOL
BEFORE-SMUT
Peter A. Lillback and Jerry Newcombe, Jeff Shaara, Andrew M. Allison
AFTER-SMUT
Karina Halle, C.J. Roberts, Joanne Wylde, Karen Moning


Five things you wouldn’t know about JC Cliff
- I'm a serious introvert, but literally, look out for a wild time if I've had 2 glasses of wine
- I have to be gluten and dairy free
- I love America's Funniest Home Videos
- I love to pretend play the drums on my steering wheel at stop lights just so I can embarrass my children
- I have tried to wear lingerie and hate it. Nothing, and I mean nothing can compare to the comfort of wearing my husband t-shirts every night.

 


A day in the life of JC Cliff
I'm a “Jack of all Trades”, meaning I do it all, from kids to household, to running a business, and now writing....my life is nonstop.

Describe Julianna in one sentence.
She's a spit-fire, and is willing to fight for what she believes in.

Describe Nick in one sentence.
He's a Handsome Devil.

Describe Travis in one sentence.
Besides the fact he is HOT-HOT-HOT- He's mysterious, strong, and highly manipulative.

Favorite and least favorite scene to write in Blyss?
Favorite- (chuckle) There are so many, but I loved writing the clinic scene. The dynamics between Travis, Julianna, and Jared was immense fun. I love scientific stuff, so I was really able to tap into my creativity, and combine it with pharmacology and science. I mean, I did it! I created what no one on this earth has been able to accomplish by inventing the most effective aphrodisiac!
Least Favorite scene- When Julianna had to describe how the Blyss made her feel. There were no “least favorite” scenes to write – but this was the most difficult and challenging scene for me.

What’s your guilty pleasure?
I don't know why – but reading captive romances with a jar of Nutella, and peanut butter with a huge spoon makes me happy.

If you weren’t an author what would you be doing right now?
Pfft...Housework.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Having my children know they are unconditionally loved.

If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Def Leppard – without hesitation, because their music fills a part of my soul that can't be touched by anything or anyone else.

What is your go to snack food when writing?
Low salt Tortilla chips- and a freaking huge glass of water with crushed ice AND..... a decent douse of cranberry juice mixed in. LOL...

If you could sit down face to face with any of your characters, who would you choose and why?
Really? Need you ask? Travis – cuz he's freaking hot, sexy, bad ass, and oh Lawd can he kiss!!!

What are the top 3 things on your bucket list?
Finishing The Blyss trilogy is the top item
Next on the list is to play the drums like Rick Allen – from guess what band??? You got it – Def Leppard
Ride a motorcycle. I don't care if it's a Harley – I just want to hit the road and go.....

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Directly on the East Coast of North Carolina. - I love the ocean, wildlife, and fishing. It just puts me in an entirely different universe.

Favorite Word and Least Favorite Word?
Least favorite word: Taxes
Favorite word: Phenomenal

Biggest fear?
Failing my children in some way

Deepest regret?
Not going to dental school

Favorite memory?
Fishing with my dad when I was young. Just the two of us. He'd take me after he got off work to fish in the river. It was quiet time for him, but just being with him and emulating what he loved to do made me happy.

Worst flaw?
My memory – I can't seem to remember past five minutes.

Most annoying pet peeve?
Ohhhhh-- my college daughter discovered there was actually a name for this. Misophonia:
Can't stand to hear people chew – noise sensitivity issues. Drives me insane!

If you could change one thing about yourself…what would it be?
I would love to be quick witted. I'm one of those people who think of what I should've said five minutes after the fact. Ugh...

Either/Or Questions:
Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
Nick or Travis? It's a tie – because I'd like to experience Nick just once.
Warm or Cold? Warm
Early Bird or Night Owl? Night owl
Pain or Pleasure? Pleasure
Outdoor or Indoor? Outdoor
Blondes or Brunettes? Blondes
Ketchup or Mustard? Ketchup
Coffee or Cocktail? Coffee
Texting or Calling? Texting



a Rafflecopter giveaway