Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Friday, September 12, 2014

Review: Alec by L.A. Casey


Alec
Alec by L.A. Casey

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Omg...freaking hilarious!

I loved Alec--- LOVED!!! I was (and still am) a Dominic fan, but Alec just jumped in front and took the lead. I want this man...

Alec is the 2nd book of The Slater Brothers Series and I have been left panting for the next Slater brother. And Alec will be a hard act to follow.

Alec and Keela meet by accident due to circumstance. Yes, I know that sounds weird, but I hate giving anything away, so it is kind of hard to explain. They take an instant dislike/I want to have sex with you right now attitude towards each other and Keela all but castrates Alec in a moment of heated anger. These two are explosive. You thought Dominic and Bronagh were crazy?? Wait until you get your hands on these two.

I literally laughed until I cried through this one. LA Casey is bloody brilliant with her perfectly landed one liners and crazy off the wall situations. I can't say that Ms. Casey is wanting to be known as a Romantic Comedy author but I have tucked this series into the comedy category. Now, don't get me wrong, it will defiantly get you a bit hot and bothered, it is most assuredly romance, and a couple of the scenes had me squirming in my seat. The only "down" to the entire book was I wish there had been a few more sexy time scenes.

Alec is the perfect playboy. A bat of his eyes, a flash of his dimples along with a well placed eyebrow wag, and he is used to getting what he wants, when he wants it and how he wants it. Keela challenges everything he has ever known, and is more than ready to meet the challenge.

When Keela is forced into a situation that requires Alec's help, the games begin. Him trying anything and everything to get her underneath him, and her building her walls strong enough to keep him at arms length. The banter between these two will have you on the floor. And with as disgusted as they can get with each other, when it is meant to be, it will happen.

Keela is the kind of leading lady I love. Independent, works for everything she has, and doesn't take any mess, except from her she devil of a mother. Now, wait until you meet this charming woman. Talk about wanting to reach inside a book a smack someone... and even when family secrets are exposed, Keela rises above the ashes and refuses to succumb to the lies and betrayal. What would level some, only brings her out strong on the other side.

Iam really looking forward to her novella. Iam dying to get more into her head. Some of the stuff that comes out of her mouth are just so well timed and played. And she is quick with her tongue. The saying "chews them up and spits them up" comes to mind.....

I find myself fascinated with the difference between the US and other countries when it comes to words and phrases. And one of the things I love the most about Ms. Casey, is that she is so true to herself. She is from Ireland and her books are full of Irish words, phrases and sayings... does anyone know what a dealf is?? Im still trying to figure that one out....but Iam always left with a few awesome sayings and inventive new curse words....and I LOVE that. And Keela with her truckers mouth introduced me to some great one liners...

Alec gets added to my favorite men list... absolutely loved him. He is a dirty dirty boy, with an even dirtier mind, and let me tell you, I would volunteer to have a night with him. He has been well trained. And if you have read the 1st book, you will know what that means. If you have yet to read Dominic, then it may confuse you. But again, I hate giving things away. Alec is a bit insecure about his past and how Keela will take it. And her response to his confession just made me love her even more. You get to hear from Alec his thoughts and feelings on his past and the things he has had to do in order to survive and it will just about break your heart. He is a bit of proof that you can never judge a book by its cover, the things you hear and even some of the things you see. Because you don't know what is propelling someone to do the things they do. And when he laid it out, my heart broke a bit for him. And you get a good understanding of why he is the way he is. I wanted to cuddle him after that scene.

Alec will not disappoint. You do not have to read book one (Dominic) but I recommend it. You may find yourself confused as a bit of the past comes rolling in, and a good bit of the history will be discovered in Dominic. And besides, Dominic won't disappoint you either. Even though he was only an 18 yr old, I would of been perfectly content with sliding to the cougar side for him.

I love this series. And with each book it gets better and better. It also has a novella, Bronagh, that is part of it and Keela's novella is coming out soon too. Iam hoping that each of the leading ladies will be getting their own novella. I do believe that Kane is up next, and you get to meet his lassie in Alec as she is Keela's best friend. Talk about a spit fire.... I can not wait!!!!



View all my reviews