Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Review: Deacon (Unfinished Hero's #4) by Kristen Ashley


Deacon
Deacon by Kristen Ashley

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



YAY!!!!! Finally.... a KA book that reads like a KA book!!!! I have to admit, I was hesitant on whether or not to get this one. But my Rock Chicks Reading Group decided we would give it a go, so I went with it. And Iam so glad I did.

After the last few KA books, I was on the fence as to whether or not I would continue reading any of her books. Disappointing is an understatement as to how I felt about the last handful of her releases. I have wanted to scream and yell and her new publishing company for DESTROYING all that KA is. And since she signed with the publishers, her books have just not been what I have come to expect from her stuff.

BUT, Deacon has given me hope. And he gave Tack and Luke Stark a run for their money. And anyone who knows me, knows that rarely happens. And I absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED Deacon. Im so excited that I am able to out another KA man on my fav men list that I dont have adequate words to describe how it makes me feel.

Ok, shut up rambling KC and get on with the review...

Deacon is book 4 in the Unfinished Hero's Series. This is one of my all time fav book series. I have loved all of them. Knight has been my favorite, but Deacon just took his spot. He was broody. He was Alpha. He had secrets. You just knew he had been deeply wounded. He played by his own rules and lived by his own code. And all that Deacon was made you want to dig deep and find out what had happened to him and what makes him tick. He never did what I thought he would do, and he surprised me at every turn. He kept me on my toes, he rocked it in the bedroom, he has this unbelievable sweet side, and he was a man of very few words. But he could communicate his thoughts and needs with a look, a touch, or an action, in a way I can not describe.

Cassidy.. LOVED her. She was Deacon's perfect match. She was smart. She was independent, not afraid to go after what she wanted, she worked harder than most men I know, and she was sassy to her core. She was not afraid to tell it like it was, and she gave Deacon a run for his money. She kept him on his toes. She came across a bit prudish, but, let me tell you, prude she was not. She had a seriously naughty girl buried with in her. And all it took, was a broody bad boy to pull out her inner naughty girl.

I can say that I wish there had been a little more action in this one. All of the Unfinished Hero books have had a good bit of action in them. So I will admit, I missed that part of it. KA has again done a brilliant job setting us up for the next book, and it sounds like it will be one wild ride. I can't wait for it.

If you have been on the fence with KA like I have, Deacon will restore your hope. Go grab this one right now and get yourself some Alpha goodness... if not, I have no problem not sharing all that is Deacon. But, you will love this one. It is the KA you got used to. The KA you have come to expect. And I hope that the books to follow (even non Unfinished Hero ones) will begin to have her voice again and not the watered down crap version the publishers want to give us.

Deacon was one of my fav KA reads. He is most assuredly one of my favorite KA men. I wish it had been a bit longer... I really got left with a book hangover. I NEED more Deacon!!!!



View all my reviews