Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Monday, October 13, 2014

Review: Crimson Desert by Melissa Jane


Crimson Desert
Crimson Desert by Melissa Jane

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I absolutely LOVED this series. Melissa Jane has become one of my new favorite authors and I can not wait to see what she comes up with next.

Crimson Desert is the conclusion to Little Doll. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one after the cliff hanger in Little Doll. So when this one showed up on my kindle, I was ready to go.

Laila has been rescued from the horror house of Hector, but she has a long way to go before she is actually safe. There was so many little hair pin turns in this one, that it kept me on my toes. I thought I had it figured out, and then a curve ball would come my way and I was left with my jaw on the ground. I needed her to get her HEA.

I have to admit, Iam struggling with how to write this review. I don't want to give anything away. And there are so many shifts and changes that make the story what it is, that any hint of what is to come would take the element of surprise. And that element of surprise is what helps make this book (both books actually) the fantastic read that they are.

I absolutely loved Aiden. He is everything a good anti hero should be. Alpha to his core, with a tender side that is reserved for Laila alone. My heart shattered for him and one point. I could not believe the secrets that came out that had been covered up. And I never saw them coming. It was a fantastic twist to the story, even if it was heart breaking.

Juan is the third "main character" in this crazy plot twisting ride. And for as bad as he was, I loved him too. He was the perfect balance of evil to Aiden's good. And even though he was the "bad guy" I couldn't help but to like him. The life he grew up with had molded him into the man he was, and Im here to tell you, he is crazy. Totally crazy. There is something not right about him, but I wanted to reach in and make life better for him. I wanted him to get his HEA. I wanted him to find his way out of the lifestyle because the perfect mate made him want to be better. But his obsession with Laila and his bone deep hatred for Aiden, was the driving force in his life. Just wait until you see what happens... it was not what I was expecting. And it was brilliant.

I am doing the hope dance that there is something coming soon from this author. And I am crossing my fingers and toes that it will be about one of the guys that were helping Aiden. I know, I know... who are they KC?? You'll have to read to find out ;)

You need to read the 1st book in the series, Little Doll, prior to reading Crimson Desert. You will be completely lost if you don't. But I promise you, if you love a good Romantic Suspense novel, you will not be disappointed.



View all my reviews