Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Review: The Degas Girl by AJ Adams


The Degas Girl
The Degas Girl by A.J. Adams

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This is the 3rd book I have read by this Author. And I have read them back to back. I have really come to like her work, but I must admit, there is a pattern to all of the stories that I hope to see her break out of in future books. All of them surround a kidnapped woman, being tortured and then "rescued" by a man that has taken her as payment. And although they all read differently and are not the same story, its just that the outline is the same. Even if the next one had the same outline, I would read it because I have enjoyed them.

The Degas Girl was not my fav by this author. And I really would give it 3.5 stars as opposed to a solid 4, but since we don't get 1/2 stars, I have rounded up.

Like I said, the outline is the same. Zachary is a thief. And he steals high valued pieces for rich and wealthy people. He gets paid well and lives what he deems a good life. I wanted to cry for him when his childhood was revealed. Just OMG is all I can say. How he survived what he went through is beyond me. But survive he did, and it gives you a better understanding as to his cold and aloof nature. He comes across as cold and calculating, unfeeling and self centered. And although he is, it's amazing what the love of a good woman will do.

Enter in Serenity. She has been kidnapped and abused by one of Zachary's clients. When he shows up to collect payment for his theft, the client decides he wants to change the payment plan. So, Zachary ends up taking Serenity as payment. He has a wicked plan for her, he plans to use her to get even with the client.... who turns out to be his cousin.

But all is not fair in love and war. And Zachary soon finds himself in a position he never thought he would be in. Not only with Serenity, but with "the family". As the Family tries to draw him in, Serenity fights to keep him out. Murder and mayhem ensue... I couldn't figure out which way was up. Which I loved. And the ending was not what I expected..

This is a stand alone. And all in all it was a good read.



View all my reviews