Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Review: Escaping Destiny by Amelia Hutchins


Escaping Destiny
Escaping Destiny by Amelia Hutchins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Next book please... anyone know the release date??

Iam not a huge paranormal fan. I have a handful of authors I enjoy their work, but over all Iam not drawn to this genre. However, Amelia Hutchins is one of my favorites. I love this series.. I love Ryder. I love the story line. I love the way it is written. I just love everything about it.

When I 1st picked up Fighting Destiny (Book 1 in the series), it was on the recommendation of a fellow book friend who swore I would love it. As we debated it, due to my lack of love for all things paranormal, she bought me the book. Said I had to read it.. so I did. She was right. I loved it. ANd I have continued to love it.

This is book 3 in the series. And one of the things I love about this series, is that it doesnt feel drawn out. You know what I mean.. one of those series that should of ended 2 books ago, but the author keeps dumping in everything but the kitchen sink to stretch it out and keep it going.. there is always so much information and newness to these books, that you are left feeling complete but ready for more. Nothing is repetitive, and the author has woven a beautiful tale of love and destiny in a world that she has created out of pure brilliance... The fantasy comes to life and dances across the pages leaving you wanting to jump into the book just to experience the realm she has brought to the pages. It is genius. So even if you are not a huge paranormal fan...give this one a try.

Ryder.. *sigh* I love him so... can someone please find me a big bad Fae like him and bring him to me? I would be eternally grateful, and totally willing to let them look at him and bask in all of his gorgeous, alpha, dirty talking, bad ass glory... not sure I could share him tho... Ryder is by far one of my favorite leading men. He is over the top alpha, who stops at nothing to get what he wants. He has a brilliant way of playing on words that will make your head spin. There is always more to what he is saying, and part of what I love about these books, is trying to figure out what he is NOT saying. He is deep, he is mysterious, he has a reason for everything he does. But you can't figure out what those reasons are, and the mystery that surrounds him makes you want to skip work and loose yourself within the pages of this carefully crafted world. He is dominant. He is a master in the bedroom. He refuses to take no for an answer and he always gets what he wants...

Some of the pieces to the puzzle that unfolded in this book made my eyes pop out of my head. The truths that were hidden and came to light, caught me off guard. And the crumbs that were left as a trial to the next book left me itching to get my hands on the next one... release date??? Anyone??

Synthia ... bad ass heroine. One of the best female leads I have met to date. She is tough, she isnt afraid of a fight. She stands up for what she believes in and will take the fall for those she loves. She plays hard and she loves harder. And as she fights to escape a destiny she has no desire to lead, I have enjoyed watching her come into her own as she unwillingly accepts the cards that she has been dealt. Syn learns a few things along the way in this one that leave her reeling. She fights to come to terms with the new information that has landed at her feet, and she refuses to take it laying down.

Another part I love about this series, it the relationship between Ryder and Syn. He is trying desperately to mold her into what he wants her to be, and she is pushing just as hard not to loose herself. And yet, he loves her sassy side and the fact that she will stand up to him. But the control freak in him, can't seem to help trying to dominate her into submission. What he needs to realize, is that if he were to succeed in this endeavor, he would no longer have the strong desire he has towards her, and it makes for a brilliant story that leaves you flipping the pages. I find myself talking out loud to Syn as I am reading. And let me tell you, sitting in a public place as you say "atta girl, show him what you've got" can get you more than one strange look, as the people sitting around you begin to slowly slide away thinking you have lost your mind.... but, that's ok with me. Because they would be rooting her on too.

Syn has managed to tame the beast, but don't tell Ryder. If you do, he will just mess things up trying to prove that he is the boss.. *snicker* ... typical man. She holds more power than either of them realize. And as their destiny begins to reveal itself, they will both learn just how much power she really has.

This is not a stand alone. This can not be read as a stand alone. You have to read the 1st 2 books in order to have any idea about what you are reading. Each book slides effortlessly into the next one. And each book adds more pieces to the puzzle. There are no major cliff hangers. Another thing I love. Each book ends leaving it feeling "complete". I use that word loosely because you know there is more to come. You are ready to find out what happens next. But at the same time you are not left trying desperately not to throw your kindle across the room because it ends with a major cliff hanger. I hope that makes sense, because it totally makes sense in my head... lol

Part of me hopes the next book is the last one, because Im dying to know how this will all play out. And the other part hopes there will be one after it because Im not ready for the story to end. Once you decide to give this series a try, hold on to your hats and prepare to enjoy the ride.



View all my reviews