Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Friday, October 3, 2014

Review: Locke


Locke
Locke by Harper Sloan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



*sigh.... The End... Im actually a bit devastated that this was the last of the Corps Security Men.... I may or may not have shed a tear or two...

I have loved this series from the start. I feel in love with Axel, Cage stole my heart (and still owns it) and all the other boys have their own special place. Locke did not disappoint, And as hard as I tried to read slow and savor this last book, I flew through it because I was dying to know all of Locke's secrets. And wow did he have some darkness swirling around him. It broke my heart as his life story came out. Talk about strength and perseverance. No wonder the man was the way he was... just wait until you get the full story.

Locke seems like such a jerk. The entire series makes you want to smack him upside the head. And wont lie, even as this story began to unfold, I still wanted to smack him. Then shake him and ask him what his issue was. But as his story continued, I totally fell in love with him. He is by far the biggest challenge of the Corps men, and the bigger they are, the harder they fall. And fall hard he did. Game. Set. Match.

Emmy was a fantastic leading lady. With demons of her own, she blew my mind with the way she carried on with life. And with the things she survived, how she kept her sweet innocence about her is nothing short of a miracle. Seriously...

Locke fills in a lot of missing pieces. And Harper did an amazing job of filling in the blanks without the book feeling like you are reading the same thing over again. Conversations and scenes from the rest of the series are revisited, and they are done in a way that brings light to the situation without it being a repeat of the book it was based off of. And you finally get the story about Lockes cat, which I must admit, had me scratching my head, because he just didnt seem like the kind of gut that would deal with a pet, much less one that required a fresh litter box.

And per usual, Harper finished it up with a brilliant epilogue. Everything is wrapped up neatly, no stones are left unturned, and you are not left wondering about anything.... except the next book, which was set up beautifully. And while Iam still hoping for at least a novella on my favorite Gold Glitter Queen, Sway, Iam now very anxious for the next book to hit the scene. What a ride it promises to be.

If you have not introduced yourself to the Corps Security Men, you are missing out. This entire series was fabulous. And as each book came out, they just got better and better. Harper has a way of weaving her stories with the perfect amount of action, humor, and sex. Page turners that have you up until the wee hours of the morning mumbling "just one more page" about 200 times, until you realize you have just read the entire book in one sitting.



View all my reviews