Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Review: Master Over You: A Dark Romance Novel


Master Over You: A Dark Romance Novel
Master Over You: A Dark Romance Novel by Cerys du Lys

My rating: 5 of 5 stars




What... but... it.... ummm... uh... what the hell did I just read???

OMG this was crazy, and I LOVED it!!! Loved... really guys... I don't even know where to start, Im not sure how to give this a fair review without spoilers, Im having a hard time trying to put into words how I feel and what I think... mind f**k... total mind f**k. That is what this was. I didn't see any of it coming.

Ok, Iam a dark reads lover... anyone that follows me knows this. And I love anything twisted and I love all things that come out of the blue. And this entire book kept me on my toes wondering what in the world was going on. And when the last page was flipped, I just sat there... dumfounded trying to pick my jaw off the floor. This was one of the best collaborations I have ever read, and Iam adding this to my top 2014 reads. Im doing the hope dance, crossing my fingers, and saying prayers that there is a follow up book. Can I bribe someone to give me more?? The epilogue set up beautifully for a followup and I may have to turn stalker to make sure it happens.

Noah... wow... Loved him. He was vulgar, and rude, and just did not care what anyone thought. He was brutally honest, he knew the things he did were wrong on so many levels, and yet he made no apologies for who he was and what he did. He came across heartless and money hungry. And I LOVED him... he is going on my favorite men list... I don't even care a little bit that he is a kidnapper that breaks women down and then sells them to vile men as sex slaves... he can kidnap me any day as long as I get to listen to his dirty mouth...

Angeline.. what a psycho. There is no other word for her. She is whacked. Im positive she is not firing on all cylinders and I wasn't sure how I felt about her until about 50% of the way through the book. But she was so crazy I couldnt help but be intrigued and the need to know the driving force behind why she was the way she was made me stay up late and get little sleep as I was desperately trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together. And let me tell you... I lost my jaw to the floor when it all began to come out... my heart actually ached for her and I found myself excusing her psychotic tendencies and finding really good reasons for the things she did. She was a bad-ass heroine and she made no excuses for who she was. She was emotionally turned off.. I swear her heart was black and didn't actually have a beat... some of the things she did will turn your stomach.

Chastity .. at first I was thinking she was a thrown in character. I couldn't figure out why she was even there. I will tell you that the reason she is a player in this, is because Noah kidnaps her for a client. She seemed like an odd little part to the story. Then I thought I had it figured out how she fit the puzzle. Then I found myself shocked at how she ended up fitting. Then the ending came and I was like wth?? Where did that come from?? Because I NEVER saw that coming.

This is where I will warn you. If you have trouble with torture, mind games, rape, kidnapping and general mind f**ckery, this book is not for you. There are some scenes that had I been in a movie theater, I would of been peeking behind my fingers, cringing at what I was watching. Some of the stuff is just plain out there, it's brutal and it is down right sick at times. I have to wonder a little bit about the sanity of the authors, and then I decided... screw it, because sane or not, they produced a brilliant book. It is going to be a hard act to follow, but as I said, Iam not beyond stalking to see it happen.




View all my reviews