Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Monday, October 27, 2014

Review: Surviving Love by Ada Frost


Surviving Love
Surviving Love by Ada Frost

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Where do I start????

I read the 1st book in this series, Elemental Fear, when I was approached by the author to read it in exchange for a review. I was about 1/4 of the way through it when I was hooked. The book was so raw and so real, hitting on darker elements that rand true in my own life, that I became a fan for life.

Surviving Love is the follow up to Elemental Fear, and once again, the darker elements to the story have hit so close to the bone, that I found myself having to set the book down and go back to it. I warn you now..... if you are sensitive to child abuse, this book is NOT for you. Surviving Love dips into some sensitive subjects that make you want to jump into the story and kill people. The emotion that pours off the pages will seep into your very being and you will feel the characters deep in your soul. Ada is a master at stirring feelings. Whether they are happy, sad or down right gut wrenching, you will feel everything as you go through this book.

Johan... my poor, dear, loveable, strong, survivor. No one should have to experience what this man has lived through. Not in your wildest imagination will you be able to dream up some of the horrors that Johan has survived. And the sad part?? Its all possible. It's all factual. And I personally know people that are survivors. Johan's story settled deep into my heart and soul. It was personal. And it was personal in a way that made me absolutely fall in love with him. I wanted to jump into the pages and offer him a safe place to hide from the monsters that still chased him. The man he turned out to be, is nothing short of amazing.

Lou... what a handful she was. I loved her. She is my kind of girl. Sassy, independent, take no prisoners, hold nothing back, owns no filter and says what she thinks. She was hilarious. She was strong, and she was the kind of woman that knew when to push and when to back off. She had the ability to be a silent strength to Johan without making him feel like he was any less of a person. She was his cheerleader and encourager. She was his calm in the middle of the storm. And together they were brilliant. They played off of each other's strengths and weakness's.

Johan's story is not an easy one to take. I found myself in need to tissues a few times and I wanted to throw my kindle across the room on more than one occasion. There was just enough angst to keep you on the edge of your seat, but not so much you were rolling your eyes and skimming pages because you were ready to move on. The book is fairly fast paced and before you know it you are at the end. I would of been able to read this one in one go, but as I said, I found myself needing to walk away due to the emotions I had swirling around inside of me.

The author has hinted of what is to come next. I will now be on a stalking mission to be able to get the next book into my hands. This series is bloody brilliant. And Surviving Love has made it onto my top 10 favorites of 2014.

If you are looking for an emotional angst filled page turner, start with Elemental Fear and then follow up with Surviving Love. The raw emotional mess you will turn into will be more than worth it.

Now --- where is the next book???!!??



View all my reviews