Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Friday, October 31, 2014

Spotlight Tour --- Songbird by AJ Adams (with Excerpt and 4 Star Review)


Title: Songbird
Author:  AJ Adams
Genre:  Erotic Romance (Organized Crime Thriller)
Tour Organizer:  DRC Promotions


 












When cartel boss Arturo Vazquez discovers his girlfriend Gina is a DEA rat and his deputy Escamilla is staging a take-over, Arturo fixes his problems by killing everyone - except for Solitaire, Escamilla’s unwilling mistress. Solitaire is intelligent, tough, and shares Arturo’s interest in BDSM. Arturo falls head over heels but someone is leaking information - and the evidence point at Solitaire.

Songbird is a complete and self standing novel. 

Warning: This book contains explicit scenes of dubious consent, graphic violence and sex.



 

Amazon
Amazon UK
 B&N
Smashwords





My 4 Star Review

I have come to really like this Author. This is the follow up book to The Bonus. With the story revolving around the head honcho Arturo.

Arturo is the head of the "family". Known for his cruelness and cold heart, he finds himself drawn to Solitaire when he finds her in the house of a man he is gunning after. Solitaire is a strong leading lady. Not one to take too much crap and is determined to fight the pull she feels towards Arturo. As she plays her part until she can find her way out, she discovers she actually likes the new life she has been drug into.

The is a mole in the house. Solitaire ends up with amnesia, but it comes into question, as well as her loyalty. And as secrets get leaked, and the competition gets a leg up, all suspicion lands on Solitaire. She finds herself fighting to save herself.

Arturo is a cold hearted man. I really think he would kill his own momma if it meant saving himself. But, he finds himself wanting to protect Serenity, even at the cost of his reputation. He is on a mission to discover who the real "Songbird" is before it is too late and Solitaire looses her life.

This book kept me on my toes. I was never really sure where it was going to go. And I have to admit, although I thought I had finally figured it out, the ending threw me. And you know me, I LOVE it when that happens.

I don't think it is necessary to read The Bonus prior to reading Songbird. But I recommend it, just because you will get more background information. And Kyle, the lead from The Bonus, is prominent in this one as well. But, you could read Songbird as a stand alone and not feel lost.




“You’re
the big boss.” She looked up at me and smiled. She was dressed
in a cheap cotton shirt and jeans that should be on the burn pile, but
that smile was pure gold. This girl had guts.

  “I
told José he was a fool to try and cheat you,” she said. “I wasn’t
part of it, and I don’t work for you. I was just in the wrong place at
the wrong time.”

She’d
heard about our policy protecting bystanders. Of course it
doesn’t apply to anyone whose eyewitness testimony can put me in a
courtroom. Well, try to put me in a courtroom. In Mexico nobody would
dare accuse me, and I’ve enough resources in England to guarantee a
police investigation would come to nothing, but it’s not my style to
take chances. Solitaire would be going into the ground along with
Escamilla.

“Mr
Vazquez,” Solitaire gave me her best smile. “I don’t expect
something for nothing.” She dropped her voice. “You’d like me,” she
whispered. “I’ve heard about you. We’re the same.” “Are we?”

“Yes,
I can make you very happy.” She brushed my hand over her cheek
and then kissed my palm. “I’m a very good girl,” she said quietly.
“Unless you prefer a naughty one?” She sucked my thumb, and I was
instantly rock hard.
 
 



Delicious novels with fully depicted love scenes that straddle the categories of Romance and Erotica with the occasional Crime committed on the side.

Storm Chase was born September 2012. Her alter ego is Ellen Whyte, a syndicated author who has published roughly 3000 articles and 10 print books. The alter ego is the steady type; Storm is the tearaway who's
dedicated to making it work with e-publishing. Since November 2013 Storm also acquired alter ego, AJ Adams who writes cartel and mob stories.