Title: Heart of Marley
Author: T.K. Leigh
Release Date: November 3, 2014
Genre: New Adult/Romantic Suspense
To the moon and back…
From the stars to the ocean…
That was Marley and Cameron Bowen’s secret code.
Twins born just five minutes apart, they have the perfect life… Until tragedy strikes just weeks after their eighth birthday and their father is killed by a drunk driver. Having trouble coping with the loss of her soul mate, their mother tries to find comfort in drugs and alcohol… And an abusive man with a penchant for underage girls.
No longer able to stand listening to his sister’s screams and cries every night for nearly three years, Cam takes matters into his own hands and they’re finally able to escape the nightmare.
They’re finally able to start over…
But the nightmare still haunts Marley. The years go on and she is forced to put on a smile, making everyone think that she is the perfect, well-adjusted teenager that she is supposed to be… Until she is faced with a painful reminder of her past during her senior year of high school and she’s no longer able to keep on the mask that she has been compelled to wear.
***Recommended for ages eighteen and over due to strong language, sexual situations, and graphic violence.
Amazon US: http://goo.gl/SC5eSC
Amazon UK: http://goo.gl/5VM94h
Google Play: http://goo.gl/Dw2P2H
Twenty Fun Facts
1. I wear a shirt when I write that has Shakespeare’s face on it and says “This shit writes itself.”
2. I am a middle child. I have a sister that is two years older and a sister that is two years younger.
3. My favorite movie of all time is Casablanca.
5. I met my husband in the parking lot of a Jimmy Buffett concert. He was working. I was drinking.
6. My favorite beer is Blue Moon.
7. I love the Red Sox.
8. Every time I publish a new book, I drink champagne and watch Anchorman and Talladega Nights. It’s a tradition now.
9. When I was moving out to California from Connecticut after graduating law school, the hubs and I drove route 66 all the way from Chicago to the Santa Monica Pier. It was such an amazing experience, and I think there may be a book in it.
10. My pen name is a play on my real name. My full name is Tracy Leigh Kellam. I don’t think I need to spell out where T.K. Leigh came from. ;-)
11. I have a yellow jeep wrangler that I love. Her name is Savvy J.
12. In my opinion, there is no such thing as too much coffee. Or peanut butter.
13. I am a sushi addict.
14. I am deathly afraid of snakes. I can’t even watch a movie with them in it or I’ll flip out.
15. My favorite New Kid on the Block was Donnie. I’m glad I picked one that aged well.
16. I am a huge proponent of “Adopt, don’t shop.” We have a dog and 3 kittens, all of whom we have found on the streets and saved.
17. One of my favorite TV shows is Arrested Development.
18. My favorite book of all time is The Great Gatsby. What can I say. I’m a sucker for a story with no HEA.
19. I currently have 8 works in progress.
20. You will all be seeing Cam and Jolene again. ;-)
Link: Heart of Marley (FINAL CUT)
“Thanks for asking me to come. I mean, tonight… I mean, for asking me to go to the bonfire with you. Not for asking me to come. That doesn’t sound right.” My face flamed red with embarrassment.
He smiled at me and winked. “No but, if you ask me, it sounds good.”
I halted in my tracks, completely frozen in place. I can do this, I said to myself. He was just joking. He doesn’t mean anything by it. It’s just a harmless joke, Marley. Just a joke.
He noticed my reaction and turned to face me on the street. “I’m so sorry, Marley. That was completely inappropriate. I don’t know what possessed me to say that. That’s not the way my mama raised me. I really am a good guy. I normally wouldn’t joke like that. You’ve got to believe that I didn’t mean anything by it. Please.” He slumped his shoulders, the formerly confident Doug replaced by a Doug that was full of remorse. “I understand if you don’t want to come with me.”
My eyes grew wide, more in irony than dread or concern.
“I mean, you don’t have to go to the bonfire with me. God, I really hate that word right now.”
I giggled. “Me, too.” I raised my head and met his pleading eyes. I could tell that he was bracing for me to turn around and walk away from him, but that was the last thing I wanted to do.
“Come. Say it with me. Come…” I said to him. “It feels good.” Throwing my head back to look at the stars in the sky, I shouted to the heavens, “Come!” I raised my arms like an angel and spun around, screaming the word over and over again. I must have looked like a spectacle, but I didn’t care. I didn’t want one word to come between what could blossom into a good thing with Doug.
I slowed my spins, but the sky kept moving even when I stopped. I attempted to regain my balance, but soon found myself tripping over my own feet.
Two arms were around me instantly, preventing me from falling to the ground. “Whoa. Careful, Marley Jane.”
I closed my eyes and basked at the sound of his voice calling me Marley Jane. Cam called me that all the time, but there was something so warm, affectionate, and thrilling about my first and middle name rolling off Doug’s tongue. Focusing my gaze on his, I was met with his brilliant green eyes.
“Hey,” I breathed.
“You still haven’t said it.”
He scrunched his eyebrows at me. “Said what?”
A grin crossed my face. “Come.”
T.K. Leigh, otherwise known as Tracy Leigh Kellam, is the USA Today Best Selling author of the Beautiful Mess series. Originally from New England, she now resides in sunny Southern California with her husband, dog and three cats, all of which she has rescued (including the husband). She always had a knack for writing, but mostly in the legal field. It wasn’t until recently that she decided to try her hand at creative writing and is now addicted to creating different characters and new and unique story lines in the Contemporary Romantic Suspense genre. When she’s not planted in front of her computer, writing away, she can be found running and training for her next marathon (of which she has run over fifteen fulls and far too many halfs to recall). Unlike Olivia, the main character in her Beautiful Mess series, she has yet to qualify for the Boston Marathon.
Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/1odsqSc
The Beautiful Mess Series
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/144Lj58
Amazon UK: http://goo.gl/S8tuWc
Google Play: http://goo.gl/0vIj6r
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/144LbT7
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/YBx5pU
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1sY8Gnp