Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Best of 2014 --- My Top 25 Favorite Books of 2014




Top  10  15  20  25  Favorite Books of 2014


I must admit, this was a struggle. I read 144 books this year (according to Goodreads and I do not list the ones I have DNF'd or couldnt rate with a 3 or higher). I tried to put together a list of 10. That turned to 15, then 20 and ended up with 25. And some of my 25 include the entire series because I just could not narrow it down any further. *sigh* #ReaderProblems









My criteria for my list was:
  1. I had to of given it a 5 star review of better
  2. I had to remember it on my own without looking thru my list
  3. I had to of recommended it to other people to read 
  4. I had to of stalked the author looking for the next book they were putting out
  5. I had to of done promo on my Blog more than once








This was just my PERSONAL way of coming up with my list. It's not an end all be all formula. But, I had to find a way to narrow it down, because I read some truly AMAZING books this year.  I knew that if I went with books that fit all 5 of my chosen criteria, I would have a list of books that I would want everyone I knew to read. I have then added my top 10 runners up. Seriously, this was a hard year to pick favorite books....  I have never had such a hard time choosing.

Now, "the list". The books are in no particular order, with the exception of 3-1. And #1 is by far the BEST book I read in 2014. It has stayed with me since I read it. I STILL recommend it to people. It is controversial. It is Taboo.  I realize it will not be for everyone. But, it was so well written, and so well told, that I believe anyone willing to step out of the box, look past the surface and really give it a go, will finish loving it. I have been a steady reader since I was 8 years old. My momma would let me stay up an extra 30 minutes at night, IF I was in the bed reading. So of coarse, I read. And in the beginning it was just a way to stay up longer. But, it turned into a life time LOVE of books and reading. 

And out of the literal thousands of books I have read, this book has stayed with me. There is only 2 other books that have stuck with me the way this one did.  One was My Sweet Audrina by V.C. Andrews. I read it when I was around 10 years old. Ive never forgotten it. I have re-read it more times than I can count. It was literally my all time favorite book. Then I read Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley. Tack stole my heart and never gave it back. If you follow me, you know Tack reigns supreme. He is my Book Husband. No Man has gotten close to de-throning him. And again, I have read the book so many times I have lost count. Then there was my #1 book of this year. I know it will still be with me 20 years from now.

So, lets get this show on the road...... remember, these are in no particular order. (with the exception of  #3-#1) ...  And they are not all books that released this year. Some are a few years old. And some include the series bc I couldn't choose just one out of the series.

















 ***Please Note that many of these books land in the Dark and Delicious and/or the Erotic Romance category. Please read the synopsis, or check out the free preview Amazon provides BEFORE you one click. ***













 Top  10  15  20  25  Favorite Books of 2014
(the links provided are the Amazon Buy Links)


25. Because of Kian and Always Conall by Sibylla Matilde 

24. Little Doll and Crimson Desert by Melissa Jane  
23. The Corps Security Series by Harper Sloan
22. Raw by Belle Aurora  -- Holy tear jerker batman, with an ending that will make you want to throw your kindle. 21. Tears of Tess and Quintessentially Q by Pepper Winters -- Iam NOT including the last book of the series with these. I felt it was unneeded for the series, I didnt love it and so Iam leaving it off "the list"
20. The Broken by Ker Dukey (on sale for ONLY .99 at time of posting)
19. Dark Light of Day by TM Frazier 
18. Deacon by Kristen Ashley 
17. Until Series by Aurora Rose Reynolds
16. Sweet Home Series by Tillie Cole
15. Escape From Paradise by Gwendolyn Field
14. Her Master's Courtesan by Lily White -- this book was banned from Amazon. Yes, BANNED. It was that good. It was that controversial. And it seems it was a threat to other insecure authors that railroaded the book right out the door. It is AVAILABLE on Nook and Smashwords.
13. Consequences of Deception by Ella Fox  
12. Decker's Wood by Kirsty Dallas -- on of the most HILAROUS books I have ever read. And it is ONLY .99 at time of post.
11. The Therapist by Jaden Wilkes -- talk about a what the hell did I just read moment.. I was stunned stupid speachless when I finished with this one. Get ready... Cray Cray!!! 
10. Reaper's Stand and Devil's Game by Joanna Wylde -- one of my all time favorite series. I have loved these from the start. And Reaper's Property (Book 1)  was supposed to be a stand alone. But thank goodness she ran with it... 
9. Harbour by Penelope Louleas -- Iam not a huge "fluff" fan, but this was one out of the park good. 
8. Take Over Series and Pure Punishment by T.L. Smith --- OMG Pure Punishment!!!
7. Craving Absolution and Craving Redemption by Nicole Jaquelyn -- This entire series is freaking AWESOME!! I read book 1, Craving Constellations , last year, which is why it is not on "the list".  
6. Master Over You by Ethan Winters and  Cerys du Lys
5. Fragile Truths by D.H. Sidebottom and R.M. James  --no words... if you are squirmish, beware. I actually closed my eyes and covered them more than once like I would in a horror movie. The authors dug deep into the crazy for this one.
4. The Education of Sebastian and The Education of Caroline Combo Set by Jane Harvey Berrick -- one of the best May/December Taboo Romance books I have ever read. 






My Top 3 -- in Order ---  
Run, do not walk to your Kindle and get to One Clicking...

3. Bylss and Blyssful Lies by J.C. Cliff
2. Elemental Fear (ONLY .99 at time of post) and Surviving Love by Ada Frost

AND... drum roll please.... My #1 read of 2014 is...

1. Lex by S.K. Logsdon --- Seriously, if you have not read this one, stop what you are reading, one click this bitch and jump in. This was soooo good. You have to be open minded. You have to embrace the Tabooness (yes, that is totally a real word I just made up). This one was so well done, so sweet, a bit dark, kinda twisted, and has a major plot twist that will leave your chin on the floor. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.. Im telling you, I will still be recommending this book to people 20 years from now..... 








Top 10 Runner Up's

So now, I give you my Top 10 Runner ups -- In no particular order. I really, really had a hard time choosing this year. So many good books this year...... 

10. Undefeated by Scott Hildreth
9. Show Me Baby and Edge of the Enforcer by Cherise Sinclair
8. Bender by Stacey Borel
7. Hers Series by Dawn Robertson -- Available in a Box Set (only .99 at time of post).  I have not read His yet, but I have read the rest of the series, and His is part of the Box Set.
6. Estate Series by M.S. Willis -- Available in a Box Set for $4.99
5. Twist Me by Anna Zaries
4. Escaping Destiny by Amelia Hutchins - Iam not a big paranormal fan, but this series I love love love...
3. Incandescent by River Savage
2. Passion and Ponies by Tara Sivec  -- Freaking pee yourself, laugh out loud funny!!
1. Alluring Series by Skye Turner  




And there you have it.... My top favorites of 2014. There is not one book on this list that I wouldn't recommend. I loved each of these books in their own way. Some are funny. Some are Twisted as Hell. Some are sweet. Some have scorching hot love scenes that leave you panting. They all have Alpha Males. They all kept me turning pages. They all got at least 5 stars. They all got recommended --- repeatedly. They all left me wanting more. And they would all LOVE to find their way onto your Kindle :)