Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Blog Tour --- Hundred to One by Freya Barker with Excerpt and Giveaway

-->



Hundred to One
Series: Cedar Tree #2
Freya Barker




https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23005717-hundred-to-one?from_search=true
















Arlene Bowers is as tough as nails. She has survived a less than perfect marriage, managing to move past it to run her own diner. Her abrasive exterior has always been a way for her to hide behind the darkness and pain that she has endured, but a recent, violent attack and several disturbing phone calls have that tight hold on her emotions wavering.
Seb Griffin showed up in Cedar Tree eight months ago and was hired on at Arlene's Diner as a cook. An ex-con with secrets of his own, Seb walks a fine line. Since he began working at the diner, he's developed feelings for his fierce, stubborn boss, and the need to keep his distance from her, to protect her, is a daily struggle.
When it appears that Arlene's past has come back, rearing its ugly head while her defenses are low, Seb steps up and claims responsibility for Arlene, praying that he can keep her safe from whatever is coming her way.











Freya Barker has always been creative. Involved in music and dance when she was younger, she followed it up with cake design, quilting, and has most recently added cover design, the Dutch-born Canadian mother of two now has found her voice - writing.
Freya Barker is the pen name for a well-respected reviewer/blogger, who has a strong following on her blog, Facebook and Goodreads. As an avid reader, the next step to pen a book of her own seemed natural.
Driven to make her story about 'real' people, Freya writes about people who are perhaps less than perfect, but just as deserving of romance, hot monkey sex and some thrills and chills in their lives!



























“Heading out.”
Arlene’s announcement pulls me out of my head.
“Hold up, Arlene. Got something I need to talk about.”
“Can it wait? I’m dead on my feet. Julie and Beth are taking care of those last two tables and they’ll clean the front.”
“Won’t take a minute. Your office?”
“Fine.” She mumbles reluctantly, but leads the way into her space where I sit down on the stack of boxes and let her take the only chair that’ll fit.
“Wanna talk about Julie.”
Arlene surprises me by throwing her hands up. “Whoa! No need. Whatever you two do, make sure to do it on your own time, I don’t need that drama here.”
What the fuck? “What the hell are you talking about, woman?”
“I don’t want or need to know what is going on with you two. Now if you’ll excuse me.”
She is already getting up and making her way out the door, but this time I’m not letting her off the hook this easy. In one step I am right behind her, reach over her shoulder and slam the door shut, keep my hand leaning on the door.
“What are you doing, Seb?” She tries to turn around and squirm away but I am faster and plant my other hand on the other side of her head. I now have her caged in with her back against the door, I still have a few inches on her and I’ll be damned if she is not going to listen to every last word I have to say.
“I swear to God, half the fucking time I don’t know how you come up with the crap inside your head.”
“But I thought –“ She is trying to interrupt, but I’m not going to let her.
“I don’t know what you thought, or assumed, or whatever, Arlene. I found Julie crying in your office. We talked and she told me her boyfriend abandoned her with unpaid bills and a three-year old to care for. And she only has an unwilling aunt to turn to for support. That’s why she was late those times, trying to coax her aunt into babysitting.”
A flush of indignant anger creeps up her cheeks. Something I have come to recognize on Arlene.
“Let me go. I’m gonna…” She starts trying to push her way past me, but I’m not about to let that happen and lean my body in so she can’t move an inch.
“You’re gonna nothing right now other than listen to me, and listen to me good. I tiptoe around you. I give you space and try not to push. But you are fucking driving me insane. You hear me? I’m done being careful and patient. It is not working for me so well.”
She is doing her best not to look me in the eye and at my last words lets out a loud huff. I take her face in my hands so she has no choice but to look at me.
“I’m interested in you. Been like that since I got here. Not in anyone else. In you.” When I lean in I want to imprint myself on her, leaving no doubt of my intentions, but at the same time I want to savor this moment.
I touch her nose with mine first, rubbing gently as I breathe her in. I can feel her sharp intake of air. I love her plain clean smell, a combination of soap and maybe a hint of some coconut. The rest is all Arlene and to me it’s delicious. I lick her top lip and get a hint of a darker flavor.  Slide my lips over the wet track I made and change my focus on her pouty lower lip that I suck into my mouth and rub with my tongue. My cock is ready to burst through my zipper, I am so fucking ready to slide into her. Her breathing has become shallow and the hands that were clasping my wrists before, are now making their way up my arms and around my neck. Oh fuck, yeah! I am not alone here.
Finally I let go of her lip, change the angle of her head slightly and cover her mouth with mine, plunging my tongue between her lips; so fucking turned on, I swear I just came a little in my fucking jeans. And if she doesn’t stop mewling the way she is, I really am going to shoot my load. It’s been too fucking long and she tastes so damn good.




 

Amazon




 

Slim to None (book 1)









a Rafflecopter giveaway