Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Review: Savage Stalker


Savage Stalker
Savage Stalker by Kathleen Kelly

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



3 1/2 rounded up to 4 stars

ARC provided in exchange for review

I have to admit, Iam a bit on the fence with this one. I loved the idea of it. MC Prez meets rock star. Romantic Suspense. Right up my alley... but...

Ok, so lets get what I didnt like out of the way. Too many damn POV's. You have the 2 leading characters, then the stalker, all of the band members, the main MC members, the PA to the band, the mayor.... plus a few. It just got a bit confusing and I felt it was unneeded. The only other thing that I didnt like was all of the pet names. Holy Canoly can we say over kill?? I actually found myself skimming over parts and at this point if I never see the word "Darlin" again it will be too soon. Add in all the sexy singer, gorgeous gal, sultry singer, regal rocker and any of the other 2 million pet names thrown in and I had reached my limit.... just way to much. I almost feel like I need to apologize to Ms. Kelly for taking points off for this. But I was just not able to get past it. No matter how hard I tried....

Now, moving on, lets get to the good stuff. I actually really liked the book. The story line was good, It kept me interested, and when it finally came out who the stalker was, I must admit that he was not on my radar at all, and I LOVED that. Im not a huge fan of insta love. And although the couple fell in love fairly quick, it didnt feel quick. Doesnt make sense does it? You knew the love was there, but there wasnt a bunch of undying love promises being thrown around. They moved at a steady pace, they didnt run and get married or move right in with each other. There was a well executed build up to the relationship even tho the insta love was swirling around. I know, I know... STILL doesnt make sense. But, once you start to read this one, you will understand what I mean.

Dane Reynolds is our leading man. President to the Savage Angels MC, he is working hard to get his club back onto even ground. Pulling them off the outlaw path is no easy task, but he is determined. He is all man, all Alpha, tattooed yummy goodness. He was a dirty talking, straight shooting, go after what he wants kind of guy and that my friends, is my favorite kind of man. I loved that he didnt pull any punches. You knew what he was thinking and feeling and he was determined to get what he wanted. He had his sights on Kat, and he was not taking no for an answer.

Kat Saunders is the lead signer of the Band, The Grinders. Now see??? Hot alpha biker and sexy lead singer = great love story. I loved how this blended together, and I really loved the way it all played out. Ok, so Im kinda at a loss bc you know how Iam about spoilers. So all Im gonna say, is that this unlikely Duo have an interesting introduction. And it is a bit heartbreaking as to what leads up to this event. Your heart strings will pull a bit as Kat's story begins to unwind. And they will pull a bit more once you get further into her story. Now, I must admit she is a bit self absorbed, not paying any attention to the things around her. A bit to concerned about her own wants and needs. But, its amazing what a life changing event can do for someone.

I hate that Iam so on the fence with this book. I hate that a few things that probably shoudnt bother me do. And I really dont want someone to not read it over the fact that these things drove me absolutely nuts. Had it not been for the excessive POV's and the over abundant pet names, this book could of easily been a 4 - 4 1/2 star read for me. Im actually excited for the next book to come out. I will grab it and read it. Im just doing my hope dance that the author leaves out the pet names, the word Darlin and the over kill of POV's.



View all my reviews