Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Review: Wild and Free by Kristen Ashley



Title: Wild and Free
Series: The Three 
by Kristen Ashley

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17346804






The Three Series

The Three Series will be a trilogy which follow the three couples, mixtures of immortal and mortal, prophesied to save humanity. We start with a vampire and a human. We move onto werewolves. And after that... surprise!



 The Three Goodreads Link


Wild and Free

Abel Jin and Delilah Johnson have lived their lives with a hole in their soul, yearning for something they don’t understand.

Until one night Delilah is in mortal danger and a man who’s otherworldly strong and supernaturally fast saves her. Delilah is then cast into a world where fiction comes to life in the form of Abel, her destined mate, a vampire/werewolf hybrid who claims her at first breath as his.

But Abel knows the danger isn’t done. He’s dreamed for centuries that his mate will perish and he will stop at nothing to keep her safe.

For Delilah, she’s not only coping with fantasy come to life, but a mingling of very different families. Not to mention, she has on her hands a man who doesn’t understand his true nature and has lived his long life thinking he’s a monster.

Abel and Delilah together fills the hole that has been clawing at them for decades. But finally finding each other, it also tips their destinies as the last of The Three. They must unite with the other destined lovers, who with Abel and Delilah, are fated to save the world.

Or die trying.







Wild and Free

5 Stars... I need more stars... why can't we have 6? or 10? Holy Hell I LOVED this one... LOVED.. Wild and Free lands up there in my top 10 Favorite KA books.. Abel, Oh my Abel.. what a way to conclude this series... because KA sent it out with a BANG!!!!!

Let me start by saying, Iam not a huge paranormal fan. I have my favorite authors, but they are few and I do not read much in this genre. The ONLY reason I even picked up Until the Sun Falls From the Sky (Book 1) is because I had devoured all of KA's other books and was in need of a KA fix, and from Go Iwas glad I did.

Wild and Free picks up right where With Everything Iam left off... and it ran from there. Action packed and full of massive HOT Alpha Men, this book did not disappoint, the only frustrating part was that it ended..and there is no more to come in this series. Unless KA has a surprise up her sleeve??? *Does the hope dance while crossing fingers and toes*

Abel and Lilah are my favorite couple from this series. Abel has flown his way up to the top of my favorite KA men. Now, no one will take Tack's place, and Luke Stark is very very very close on his heels. Deacon moved his way up and now Abel is giving Deacon a run for his money. Good Lord have mercy did I love Abel. Straight shooter, all alpha, bossy, dirty talking, right to the point, don't mess with him, harley riding bad boy... yes, I was in HEAVEN. And I loved that as much as he was alpha, he was quick to own his mistakes, quick to say Iam sorry (and mean it) and had a tenderness about him when it came to those he loved, that I wanted to climb into the book, some how dispose of Lilah and claim him as my very own. *sigh*

Lilah, loved her! Biker babe to her core. Took everyone as they came, loved hard, gave freely, lived wild and free. Didn't judge, accepted her fate, and thank goodness she was not a whiny needy woman. One of the things I love the most about KA's books are her strong women. They will not take any lip, can throw some sass, and yet have the perfect balance of being able to read their men and know when to back off -- well, most of the time. And Lilah was one tough cookie. Raised by her biker dad, and his brethren, without a good roll model of a mother. Recipe for a disaster... but I loved the way her character played out. I want to be Lilah when I grow up, if only so I can have Abel for eternity.

The Three series has been an ongoing saga of trying to save the world. Keeping with the theme, KA masterfully keeps you on your toes wondering what is going on and where everything is leading, while injecting her KA humor and spectacular sex scenes into the mix. And I was super super excited, because in the middle of alll that was going on, KA gave us Yuri's story. And what a bonus that was. Im not going to say any more about that tho, because I don't want to ruin it for you... but I will say, I was thrilled with the way KA played that part out.

There are some extreme scenes in this one. I shed a few tears. I laughed until my belly hurt. I felt deep for some of the people. I fell in love. And I didn't want it to end.

Wild and Free is by far the best book I have read by KA over the last year and 1/2. I have been very vocal about the fact that since she signed with the publisher, they took everything I loved about a KA book and threw it out the window so they were so far away from what I had come to love about her work, I actually considered not reading anything else by her. Alas, Iam glad I kept going, Because the last 2 have been very much what I have grown to love about a KA book. YAY!!

If you have not read the 1st two books in this series, go now and get them. If you have read the 1st two, go and grab this one. Then get ready.. make sure you have the day off, because once you dive in, you are not going to want to come out!!!



View all my reviews











Book 1 -- 
Until the Sun Falls From the Sky
Lucian and Leah's Story
 Leah Buchanan’s family has been in service to vampires for five centuries. Even so, Leah wants nothing to do with her family’s legacy. But when she’s summoned to her Selection by the Vampire Dominion, under familial pressure, she has no choice but to go.

Lucien has been living under the strict edicts of the Vampire Dominion for centuries but he’s tired of these ancient laws stripping away everything that is the essence of the vampire.

So he’s taking it back.

And this is because Lucien has been watching and waiting for decades for Leah to become available for a Selection and he will not be limited with what he can do with her. He will have her, all of her.

Therefore, Lucien is going to tame Leah, even if he gets hunted and killed for doing it.

What neither Leah nor Lucien expects is the strong bond that will form between them, connecting them on unprecedented levels for mortals or immortals. And what will grow between them means they will challenge their ways of life and their union will begin The Prophesies which makes them one of three couples who will save humanity… or die in the effort.


Goodreads
Amazon -- ONLY .99 (at time of post)


Book 2 --
With Everything Iam
Callum and Somia's story
 One night, Callum is driven into the woods by instinct, an instinct to protect. In the form of wolf, he meets a young human child who he is instantly drawn to in a fierce way he doesn’t quite understand.

Sonia Arlington has lived a lonely life. She has certain abilities that make her strange and she has a rare disease that, if untreated, could kill her. Her father makes her vow that she will never let others discover her abilities. This forces Sonia to stay distant, always guarding against exposure.

Intelligence leaks that Sonia is Callum’s human mate. He is now King of the Werewolves and has war on his hands. He’s forced to claim his mate and integrate Sonia into a world that is strange and frightening.

As Sonia attempts to adjust, Callum attempts to cope with the knowledge that his mate is mortal. He will have her beauty and gentleness only the length of a mortal life making their union unbearably bitter even as Sonia makes it unbelievably sweet.


Goodreads
Amazon -- $3.99