Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Monday, April 20, 2015

Review: Meet Me in the Dark


Meet Me in the Dark
Meet Me in the Dark by J.A. Huss

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



5 Brilliant Mind Twisting Stars

Im almost at a loss for words with this one. I dont even know where to start. This left me so floored I just sat there staring into nothing for a while when I finished the last page.

WARNING!!! If you dont like dark and twisted, mind fuckery books, stay away, bc this is not for you. There is nothing traditional about this one. Nothing normal, soft or sweet. And more than once I found my stomach turn a little with what was playing out before me. It is one of those books that makes you wonder where in the world the author comes up with this stuff and if they had a tortured child hood... seriously people.. be warned bc this one is twisted.

Meet me in the dark is my 1st book by JA Huss. I own a couple of hers, and now I am going to have to dive into the Slack series, bc per her dedication in the end of the book, we meet Merc in that series.

OK... Merc -- assassin for hire or not, find me this man. He is lush. Dark and brooding, cold and heartless. And yet, there is a soft side deep down that you just want to dig and dig until you find it. I swear he has no feelings. At times you wonder if he is even human, but then a humane part of him would surface and you'd fall in love with him a little more. Cold hearted killer with one thing on his mind -- Revenge. And at times I couldnt figure out if he was the good guy or the bad guy. And honestly even once everything unfolded, I still couldnt figure it out. He is that deep.

Sydney.. holy hell this poor girl. Talk about a life of pure hell. How she is still standing and not totally crazy is a miracle. And I cant really tell you a bunch or Im going to give too much away. She is deep, complex, and has an inner strength that rivals any female lead I have read to date. She is my favorite kind of leading lady. And the poor girl is so screwed in the head from her life, she has no idea what is real and what is fiction. Again, you have to read to really understand the depth of this character. The layers and layers you have to dig through to get to the heart of her will spin your head.

I started Meet Me in the Dark and was thankful that Iam sick as a dog bc I could read and read and no one bothered me. Yes. thankful I am sick. Bc this book was a roller coaster of intense need to figure out what was going on. Nothing was as it seemed and every time you turn a page something else happens that is making you question everything you have read up to that point. And the ending?? Never saw it coming. I thought I was piecing it together, but in the end I knew nothing. I had figured out nothing and I had to re-read a few things in order to get a hold of what I was reading.

In the end this book is a book of genius. Brilliantly written. Beautifully executed and I want more!!



View all my reviews