Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Review -- Brando by Marita A Hansen

Brando (The Santini Brothers #2)Brando by Marita A. Hansen

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Ok.. so I've been trying to figure out how I felt about book 1 -- Ricardo -- as I read this one. And I have finally been able to put words into my thoughts.

This isn't a bad series. I just can't call them great. Both book 1 and this one (book 2) are based on the Santini family. Book 1 about Ricardo and book 2 about Brando.

Now... my issue. there is way too much stuff going on with other characters. Neither book felt like they were based around the guys that were the main characters. I'm still left wondering about Ricardo and Bianca. There was never anything solid about how they ended up. And I'm left wondering about Brando and Ivy after finishing this one.

Both books had way too much story line wrapped around the other 12 million Santini brothers. and much of Brando 's story involved a ton about his twin brothers and 1 of his other brothers and in the end one of the sisters secrets came out. Very little of either book was actually about what the story claims to be. I understand that in a series parts will come to light about characters that will have their stories eventually told in the series. But I'm left wondering about Brando and Ivy. What is their story?? Guess. what?? I have no damn idea bc the book doesn't give much in the way of their relationship. Some is implied but it's all one big guessing game. And too many plots are swirling around other characters. Made my head hurt.

I didn't hate this. I am lust left kinda blah about it.. and honestly I'm not sure I will continue the series. Because there was still no indication as to how Ricardo and Bianca ended up. Are they together??

There is just way to much going on on these. I want the story about the couple. I don't mind other things being thrown in. But like in this case half the book is about one of Brandos other brothers.... just doesn't make any sense to me and I can't figure out where the author is trying to go with this.



View all my reviews