Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Review -- Enslaved by Marissa Honeycutt

Enslaved (The Life of Anna, #1)Enslaved by Marissa Honeycutt

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I didn't love this. but I also didn't hate this.

you know how you go into a book with huge amounts of enthusiasm and expectations bc the ratings are so good and the warnings that surround it leave you with the impression that it is so dark you won't be able to handle it?? I feel mislead. Even a bit lied to... because Iam wondering --- Did I read the same book as everyone else?? Because I didn't think it was that dark. Nor did I think it was a 5 star read.

Most of the book is nothing but Anna being treated like a blow up doll. Poor girl is raped more than anything else throughout the book. Literally, just about the entire book is her getting raped. Nothing really else to it.

*Sigh* I fell really misled. And honestly, the only reason Iam moving on to the next book is because the last bit of book 1 FINALLY caught my attention. And my need to know what the last chapter was all about is literally the only reason I'm going to read book 2. If it hadn't been for the last little bit of the book, I wouldn't bother with book 2. And depending on where book 2 leads will determine if I move to book 3 or even bother finishing book 2....because if book 2 is just more of book 1 I'm not wasting my non refundable time reading it. Hopefully book 2 is not the same repetitive jumbled nonense mess book 1 turned out to be.

I hate the feelings I've been left with from this book. Because it is not even as close to dark as all the warnings leads you to believe. And for a dark twisted romance whore like me, this book leaves me feeling just kind of blah....



View all my reviews