Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Review -- Raze by Tillie Cole

RazeRaze by Tillie Cole

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Holy crap.. I finished this one in about 5 hours... My mind is still whirling

Review to come

Edited June 15, 2015

Ok... I had to wrap my head around this one.

I freaking LOVED it. I have had it on my ipad for a bit. Iam terrible about grabbing books when they are on sale even tho I have a gazillion I have not read yet. And I finally got to this one.

I love Tillie Coles Sweet Series. Even tho it is out of my "norm" it stands as one of my favorite "fluffy" series, and I always grab what she writes.

Raze was not at all what I was expecting. It is the 1st one I have read by her that is not "fluffy" and honestly, I went into it thinking I wouldnt like it as much because a good portion of the time, when an author veers off of her "normal" the books end up feeling forced. This was not the case with Raze .. not even close.

If you are looking for fluff, then walk away. Because there is not an ounce of fluff within a 10 mile radius of Raze. And it was FANTASTIC!

I read this one in one sitting, I could not get enough, and I was thankful I started in the wee morning hours (due to not being able to sleep) and did not have to work the next day. Because I devoured it.

This is one of those books that I find hard to review because I dont want to give even a spec of the story away because it will take away from the reader as they read the book.

What I will say is that I loved the characters, I loved the flow. I loved the story. I loved the twists and turns. And even tho I thought I had it figured out, I didnt. Some parts of it leave you with the feeling that you have it all worked out, but then you try and shove a piece of the puzzle in only to realize that it wont fit. It looks like it will, its close, but there is just enough of a difference in the piece you are holding and the spot you are trying to fit it that it doesnt line up and snap in.

There were parts to this story that broke my heart. I wanted to crawl into the pages and wrap my arms around Raze and tell him it was going to be ok. It was heart wrenching at times. And where Ms. Cole came up with some of the twisted things that happened is beyond my realm of understanding. This one was grotesque at times, I needed a fuffy, comedy to read after I turned the last page. It left me emotionally drained. But it left me wanting more. Even tho this is a dark read, the emotion that was packed within its pages will leave you reeling. It will send you on an emotional roller coaster that leaves you breathless once you climb off the ride.

If you like a good mind bender, a good dark read, a good twisted holy hell where did that come from story, then go now and one click this one. Just make sure you have a few hours to waste, because you are not going to want to put it down.



View all my reviews