Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Review -- Degrade by TL Smith

Degrade Degrade by T.L. Smith

My rating --5 of 5 stars

Goodreads -- https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25875373-degrade

Amazon -- http://amzn.to/1KZ4cso



 And the Queen of twists and turns has done it again....




I didnt think that Pure Punishment would ever get topped by TL, but Degrade has taken the #1 spot.
It was absolutely an amazing read, and there was twists I never saw coming every time I turned around. Just when I thought I had it figured out, a curve ball got thrown at me that had my jaw on the floor because I never saw it coming. I LOVE this about the author. You never know what is actually going to happen and in the end you are left in a mind fog of what the hell just happened. And let me just warn you now, NOTHING is as it seems in this book, NOTHING.

Zeke-- Iam totally in love with him. He is a complete asshole and I know Iam a weird one, but the bigger asshole they are, the more I love them. And I love when the main guy is that guy that everyone loves to hate. The asshole that you wonder why in the world the heroine is putting up with him. But looks can be deceiving. Because when the doors are closed, the asshole is a different person, and in the end he ends up redeeming himself. Now, I will admit, I did not think Zeke had any redeeming qualities. I kept thinking he was going to end up that rare asshole alpha male that had nothing redeeming about himself and you are left wishing the heroine had just wiped her hands clean of him and walked away. But, when it came down to it, Zeke didnt let me down. And that is all Iam going to say about that because I don't want to give anything away.

Bexley turned out to be my favorite kind of heroine. Strong and independent and wont be a door mat. Now, in the beginning I will admit that I was thinking I was going to want to throttle her and then the author for writing such a weak, meek, doormat of a heroine. Especially since TL is known for her strong alpha women. And TL's women have always had the most amazing balance between their Alpha nature and their ability to let their men be the Alpha they are. Standing up for themselves and standing their ground while at the same time, knowing when to stand down and let their men take care of them. She is bloody brilliant in this area. And Bexley ended up not letting me down. She had a plan and she executed it with a brilliance you never see coming. As I was reading, the little bread crumbs the author was dropping had me thinking one thing, and then out of no where, the truth is revealed and I thought my head was going to explode because I NEVER saw it coming, NEVER.

I have to throw in, that I always love the authors side characters. Her side characters always add to the story being told, without over taking anything, and at the same time you know that without them, the story would not be as good as it was without them. And I cant come up with one book I have read by this author, that she couldnt spin off another book based on any one of her supporting cast members. And the same applies to Degrade.

In Degrade we get the pleasure of meeting Aria. And although she is a supporting cast member, I freaking LOVED this woman hard. She had a strong presence throughout the story, and her constant craziness added to the story. And of coarse, she is not who she appears to be, but I expect nothing less from the author. I swear I would consider switching teams for her. She is who I want to be when I grow up. Bold, confident, takes no shit, in control and never backs down. Yet for those that she cares about, she will lay down her life without a second thought, and she always has their backs, even if she doesnt agree with them. She was vocal about her opinions and would tell you she thought you were wrong, but she would still take your back as if she agreed with you. And I absolutely adored her. Aria added a ton to this particular story. And Degrade would not have been the same without her.

Another aspect of the authors books I have always loved, is her non traditional HEA. Although every one of her stories ends with an HEA, they are never your typical cookie cutter ending. They are unique and atypical. Yet they are still a happily ever after. You can tell the author has found her groove, because her books just keep getting better and better. Her ability to throw in the twists and turns that leave you reeling is astounding and once you have finished that last page, you are left panting for more. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

If you love a good romantic suspense, a good mind bend and a book that makes your jaw drop because nothing is as it seems, the twists leave your jaw on the floor and wondering where in the world did that come from..... get to one clicking, because Degrade will not let you down.

**I was gifted a copy in exchange for an honest review**



View all my reviews