Absolute Favorite Books

Absolute Favorite Books

Own the Wind
Reckless
Motorcycle Man
Wild Man
Lady Luck
Rock Chick Revenge
Leave Me Breathless
Undeniable
Nobody's Perfect
Thoughtless
Effortless
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tied with Me
My Unexpected Forever
Rule
The Reluctant Dom
Trouble
Wild and Free


KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's favorite books »
Welcome%20To%20The%20Madness%20

Friday, May 27, 2016

Review: Evanescent Ink

Evanescent Ink Evanescent Ink by Sibylla Matilde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This one hit so close to home, I'm having a hard time putting into words how I feel. it's almost like the book was written about my own life....
This is the 1st book in the Copperline series I have read. But I will Def be going back and reading the others. I will say, I was not lost. although there are references from the previous books, it was able to be read as a stand alone within the series.
This is one of my auto 1 click authors. nothing she has written has disappointed. and as soon as I can wrap my brain around the story and separate my life from the words written, I will come back and edit this review with one that does it justice.

Edited--

This is by far one of my favorite books. It hit so close to home for me, that it could of been my life on the pages. I was drawn into the story from page 1, and stayed into the story up until the last page.
Sibylla Matilde has a way with words. A way of making those words jump up and grab you, making her stories feel real. Even if you havent has a life experience close to the books concept, you are going to feel like you are part of the story.

The characters are so well written that you feel like you are ready about actual friends. They have a depth and a realness to them that makes them seem like they are part of your inner circle. They make you want to jump into the pages and become part of the story. The kind of people you want for friends, boyfriends or girlfriends.

Raven is my kind of heroine. LOVED LOVED LOVED her!! She was me thru and thru. I felt like I was reading about myself and my own life, everything paralleled. I found myself thinking more than once, "Has this woman been stalking me??? Following me around the last few years??" Ravens outer confidence and her bizarre sense of dress (which was all her own) masked her inner fears and demons. She was pulled into herself and didnt allow people to get close, but she was badass in her own right.

Drew was a fantastic hero. Hurt from his past and determined not to get hurt again, he hid behind his tough guy attitude. Yet, underneath his tough exterior was a marshmellow. Drew was so much like my own boyfriend, I again wondered if the author was stalking us.

When Raven turns the tables on Drew, and beats him at his own game, the tough boy is given a run for his money. So, how does this all play out??? Well........... you know me, Im not going to tell you. You have to read the book!!!

This was the 1st book in the Copperline series I have read. I love the Bitterroot series and jumped on the chance to read an advance copy of this one. And Iam glad I did. I was not lost, it was a true standalone in the series. However, Iam going to go back and start from the beginning because the characters do pull over and I am curious to see how all the men in this tightly knit group of friends have met their matches and fallen hard.

Thanks to the author for the opportunity to read and review. I was gifted a copy for an honest review.

View all my reviews